Showing 1–18 of 68 results
Lupit Classic poles G2 Standard lock$369.90 – $409.99BlackPinkSteelWhite4245ClearChromePowder CoatStainless Steel
Lupit dance pole Classic G2 quick lock$409.99 – $439.99BlackPinkSteelWhite4245ClearChromePowder CoatStainless Steel
Welcome to Pole Now, where your passion for dance meets unparalleled quality and craftsmanship.
At Pole Now, we understand that the right pole can make all the difference in your dance journey. That’s why we’ve handpicked a diverse range of poles that cater to every style, skill level, and aspiration. Whether you’re a beginner looking to explore this dynamic art form, an intermediate dancer wanting to elevate your skills, or a seasoned pro seeking a pole that can handle your most ambitious moves, we’ve got you covered.
Our dance poles are meticulously designed with a focus on stability, durability, and performance. Each pole is crafted with premium materials to ensure your utmost safety, confidence, and enjoyment. It’s our mission to help you unlock your full potential and soar to new heights, one spin at a time.
So, what is a dance pole?
A dance pole, often referred to as a fitness or exercise pole, is a vertical apparatus used for performing acrobatic, artistic, and athletic movements. It has gained immense popularity as a form of dance and exercise, blending elements of gymnastics, ballet, and contemporary dance. Dance poles are commonly found in dance studios, fitness centers, and even private homes, providing a unique and engaging workout experience.
Typically made of metal such as stainless steel, brass, or chrome, a dance pole is designed to support the weight of an individual while allowing them to grip, spin, and perform various maneuvers. The pole can be either static, where it remains in place during the performance, or spinning, where the pole rotates around its axis, enabling the performer to create dynamic and fluid movements.
Dance pole has evolved into a respected and popular art form, with enthusiasts and professionals showcasing their skills in competitions, showcases, and instructional classes. This form of dance emphasizes strength, flexibility, and body control, making it an excellent workout option for those seeking to improve their physical fitness and develop artistic expression.
What materials are used to make poles for dancing?
Here is a list of the most popular types of poles for dancing, along with their key advantages:
- Chrome Poles:
- Affordable and widely available
- Offers a good grip for most skin types and climates
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Suitable for beginners and intermediate dancers
- Stainless Steel Poles:
- Highly resistant to corrosion, making it ideal for humid environments or locations close to the ocean
- Offers a durable and long-lasting option
- Provides a slightly more slippery grip compared to chrome, which can be advantageous for advanced spins and tricks
- Hypoallergenic and suitable for individuals with nickel sensitivity
- Brass Poles:
- Excellent grip, making it ideal for dancers with dry skin or those living in colder climates
- Provides a warm and luxurious appearance
- Naturally antimicrobial, promoting a more hygienic surface
- Requires regular cleaning and maintenance to prevent tarnishing
- Powder-Coated Poles:
- Features a textured surface that enhances grip, especially for those with sweaty hands
- Available in a variety of colors to match personal preferences or studio aesthetics
- Can be more comfortable to grip in colder climates
- May require additional care to prevent chipping or damage to the coating
- Silicone-Coated Poles:
- Offers exceptional grip, even when wearing clothing, making it suitable for training or performing fully clothed
- Provides a softer and more cushioned surface, which can be more comfortable for certain moves
- Ideal for practicing acrobatic or aerial moves that require maximum grip
- Requires additional care and cleaning to maintain the silicone coating
Each type of dance pole has its advantages, and the choice ultimately depends on factors such as personal preferences, grip requirements, climate, and maintenance considerations. It’s essential to evaluate your specific needs and goals before selecting the ideal pole for your dancing journey.
Dance poles by purpose
Dance poles can be categorized based on their purpose, such as fitness, professional performance, stripper poles and home use. Each type of pole is designed with specific features and considerations to cater to the needs of its intended users. Here’s a detailed look at dance poles by purpose:
- Fitness Poles: Fitness poles are designed for individuals who wish to use pole dancing as a form of exercise and strength training. These poles are typically more affordable and cater to beginner and intermediate dancers. They often come in adjustable heights and can be easily installed and removed, making them suitable for home or studio use. Some fitness poles may also offer both static and spinning modes, allowing users to practice a variety of moves and techniques.
- Professional Performance Poles: These poles are specifically designed for advanced pole dancers, performers, and competitors who require a high level of durability, stability, and performance. Professional performance poles are often made from high-quality materials such as stainless steel, brass, or chrome, providing optimal grip and support for complex moves and transitions. They may also feature larger diameters, customized finishes, and additional accessories such as stage mounts or aerial extensions, catering to the needs of professional performers and aerial artists.
- Home Use Poles: Home use poles are designed for individuals who want to practice pole dancing in the comfort and privacy of their own homes. These poles often prioritize ease of installation and flexibility, allowing users to set up and remove the pole as needed. Home use poles may come in various materials and finishes, catering to different preferences and budgets. They usually feature adjustable heights and removable bases to accommodate different ceiling heights and space constraints. While home use poles may not be as durable or robust as professional performance poles, they are ideal for casual practice, fitness, and personal enjoyment.
- Portable and Freestanding Poles: Portable and freestanding poles are designed for individuals who need a temporary or easily transportable pole setup, such as instructors, performers, or those with limited space. These poles typically come with a freestanding base that does not require any ceiling or wall attachments, making them ideal for outdoor events, workshops, or performances in unconventional spaces. Portable poles may not offer the same level of stability as permanently installed poles, but they provide the flexibility and convenience needed for specific situations and environments.
- Stripper poles: Stripper poles, also known as exotic dance poles or club poles, are poles used in the context of adult entertainment venues, such as strip clubs or burlesque shows. These poles share many similarities with other types of dance poles but are specifically designed to cater to the demands of a professional performance environment.
When selecting a dance pole based on purpose, consider factors such as your skill level, performance needs, available space, and budget. By choosing the right pole for your specific requirements, you can ensure a safe and enjoyable pole dancing experience.
Static or spinning poles?
Static and spinning poles are the two primary modes in which dance poles can be used. Each mode offers unique benefits and challenges, and the choice between them depends on your skill level, personal preferences, and goals. Here’s an overview of both types:
A static pole remains stationary during use, providing a stable platform for dancers to perform strength-based moves, holds, and poses. The fixed nature of the pole allows dancers to develop a solid foundation in terms of grip, balance, and body control.
- Ideal for beginners to learn basic moves and techniques
- Provides a stable platform for strength training and conditioning
- Can help in developing body awareness and control
Spinning (Twisting) Pole:
A spinning pole rotates around its axis, allowing for fluid and dynamic movements. The spinning motion can create an illusion of grace and speed while requiring additional strength, control, and coordination to perform spins and transitions.
- Enhances the fluidity and aesthetics of dance routines
- Offers a greater challenge in terms of strength, balance, and coordination
- Allows for the practice of advanced spins and transitions
Which one is better to choose?
The decision between a static and spinning pole depends on your individual goals and preferences. Beginners are often advised to start with a static pole to build a solid foundation in grip, balance, and technique. As you progress and become more comfortable with pole dancing, incorporating a spinning pole can help you develop advanced skills and add variety to your routines.
Many modern dance poles offer both static and spinning modes, allowing you to switch between the two as desired. This versatility is ideal for individuals who want to explore and practice a wide range of moves and techniques.
Which one suits you best?
To determine which type of pole suits you best, consider the following factors:
- Skill level: If you are new to pole dancing, starting with a static pole is recommended. As you gain experience and confidence, you can gradually incorporate spinning pole techniques into your practice.
- Goals: Consider your objectives in pole dancing. If your primary goal is fitness and strength training, a static pole may be sufficient. However, if you aim to perform advanced routines or compete, incorporating a spinning pole will be essential.
- Personal preference: Some individuals may find spinning poles more enjoyable and challenging, while others may prefer the stability of a static pole. It is essential to explore both options and identify which one resonates with you and your style of dance.
Popular diameters of dance poles
Dance poles come in a variety of diameters to accommodate different preferences, hand sizes, and grip strengths. The most popular diameters are 40mm (1.57 inches), 45mm (1.77 inches), and 50mm (1.97 inches). Each diameter offers unique advantages and challenges, and the choice depends on factors such as personal comfort, hand size, and the intended use of the pole.
- 40mm (1.57 inches) Diameter:
The 40mm diameter is the thinnest option among the popular pole diameters. It provides an excellent grip for individuals with smaller hands or those who prefer a more secure hold on the pole.
- Easier grip for individuals with smaller hands
- Can facilitate intricate moves and transitions that require a firm hold
- 45mm (1.77 inches) Diameter:
The 45mm diameter is the most common and widely used size in the pole dancing community. It offers a good balance between grip and versatility, making it suitable for dancers of varying hand sizes and skill levels.
- Suitable for a wide range of hand sizes and skill levels
- Provides a good balance between grip and versatility
- Commonly used in pole dance studios, fitness centers, and competitions
- 50mm (1.97 inches) Diameter:
The 50mm diameter is the thickest option among the popular pole diameters. While it can be more challenging to grip, especially for individuals with smaller hands, it offers additional stability for moves that involve the legs or body wrapping around the pole.
- Provides greater stability for leg-based moves and body wraps
- Offers a more challenging grip, which can help build grip strength
What affects the thickness of the pole?
Several factors can influence your choice of pole thickness:
- Hand Size: Your hand size plays a significant role in determining which pole diameter is most comfortable and provides the best grip. Individuals with smaller hands may find thinner poles easier to hold, while those with larger hands may prefer thicker poles.
- Grip Strength: The thickness of the pole can impact your grip strength. Thicker poles can be more challenging to grip but may help build grip strength over time. On the other hand, thinner poles can provide a more secure hold, which may be beneficial for certain moves and transitions.
- Technique and Skill Level: The pole diameter can also affect the techniques and moves you perform. Some advanced moves may require a specific pole thickness to execute correctly, while beginners might find thinner poles easier to use when learning basic techniques.
- Personal Preference: Ultimately, personal preference plays a significant role in choosing the right pole diameter. It is essential to try different pole thicknesses to determine which one feels the most comfortable and suits your individual needs and goals.
As you embark on your exciting pole dancing journey, we at our online store are committed to providing you with the highest quality dance poles, tailored to your unique needs and preferences. Our extensive range of poles caters to every dancer, from beginners taking their first steps to seasoned professionals seeking to elevate their performance.
We understand that choosing the perfect dance pole can be an overwhelming task, but rest assured, our team of experienced pole dancers is here to guide and support you every step of the way. With our expertise and passion for the art, we ensure that you find the ideal pole to match your skill level, personal goals, and style.
In addition to our top-notch dance poles, we offer exceptional customer service and support to make your shopping experience seamless and enjoyable. When you purchase a dance pole from our online store, you’re not just acquiring a high-quality product; you’re also gaining access to a community of fellow enthusiasts and professionals who are eager to share their knowledge, experiences, and encouragement.
So why wait any longer? Join the vibrant world of pole dancing today and discover the incredible benefits this dynamic art form has to offer. Enhance your fitness, boost your confidence, and unleash your creativity with the perfect dance pole from our online store.
Take the first step towards unlocking your full potential and transforming your pole dancing experience. Browse our carefully curated selection of dance poles, and allow us to be your trusted partner in this exhilarating journey. Embrace the magic, the power, and the beauty of pole dancing – you won’t regret it!